I had planned on writing a summary post with links to the others posts, but I’ve decided since we’ve spend 30 days talking about what standing firm is, I want to address what standing firm is NOT.
Standing firm is NOT:
- being close-minded
- stubborn in your own opinions
- being unreasonable
- a solo act
- faith in a specific outcome
- something that happens automatically
Instead, as we have seen through this series, standing firm IS:
- a choice
- being grounded in who Jesus is
- a joint effort made by us as the army of Christ
- faith in God’s promise
But what does it all boil down to?
The understanding of who God is precedes our ability to stand firm.
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Whenever you start to lose hope or doubt I encourage you go back to the root of your faith, stand firm in the word of God and the hope in Christ.
So what’s next for me now that the #write31days challenge is over?
Since we are heading into November (also know as the beginning of the holiday season) I will be taking a break from posting new content. I may jump back on and write a post when I feel led, but I am not going to have daily scheduled posts. I really want to spend time with my family this holiday season (and let’s face it the next two months are chaos anyway!) So you may still hear from me, but just not everyday like you have been.
However, I do want to give you a heads up on some projects I’m working on in the meantime for you to be on the lookout for them:
- co-author of “I am enough in Christ” book that should be released early spring
- leading workshops on spiritual growth and transformation for “I am Enough in Christ” conference (side note: if you would like to learn more about this, comment below and I will tell you how you can bring this wonderful conference to your church!)
- and some other opportunities that I really can’t say right now (but will at a later date!)
Again I want to thank you for tuning in and reading this #standfirmseries. Now I want to hear from you, what was your biggest takeaway from this series?